Welcome to ASF's website. This is a "quick guide" to some of the major features of the new site.
In mid-August the ASF Website Search Function was replaced and enhanced with a new specialized function that looks for listings in both asf.ca and the rivernotes blog. It goes a long way in improving the search functionality for the website.
The TOP Menu -
If you are looking for an in-depth approach
Menus above the Large Photo & on Right
- News & Media - This is the principal link if you are a member of the media, looking for press releases, contacts, or extra resources, such as visuals and special reports that might not be found in the issues pages
- About - Provides helpful background on our Atlantic Salmon Federation.
- Science - This is the best way in to the overall Salmon Science pages, that includes information on ASF's Science programs, plus information on wild Atlantic salmon
- Contact - This provides the basic info on how to get hold of us, or create a note
- Issues - ASF is focused on the most important issues affecting the wild Atlantic salmon.
These menu items provide a number of ways to explore ASF's website, including pages for staff contacts, and other perspectives on ASF's activities - including special links for Atlantic Salmon Journal
, Live Release, and ASF Events.
Menus at Lower Left
- Blogs - Note that ASF is now offering both its RIVERNOTES blog during Atlantic salmon season, and MEMBER'S BLOG for a range of items of interest to members
These links will vary, but are all related to specific issues and projects being undertaken by ASFTabs Under Large Photos
- Top News - Items from ASF and the salmon world that are making news
- News for Members - Find special items for and about members of ASF. A chance to interact
- Fascinating Science - A focus on the science world of ASF and wild Atlantic salmon
At the bottom of the main web page are a set of helpful links to particular locations both inside the website, and to sites beyond, such as to Atlantic salmon counting facilities and many other locations.