The ATLANTIC SALMON FEDERATION is working wherever there are Atlantic salmon in North America, out at sea, and internationally.
The Atlantic Salmon has for centuries been named the king of fish for its power and grace. But now it is much more:
- A symbol of all that is wild and beautiful to millions of people
- An important part of rural economies along the rivers where it spawns
- An important bond between the culture of First Nations and all others who share its heritage
- A species that has drawn an international commitment and determination to see that numbers are restored to historic levels - despite dams, acid rain, bad forestry practices and other abuses of the environment
Whether it is a project on a specific river, or an issue affecting Atlantic salmon throughout their range and across long migration routes, the Atlantic Salmon Federation tells the story and provides the coverage to understand the magnificent wild Atlantic salmon.
Resources for Media
- Press Releases - ASF provides updates on issues and programs involving wild Atlantic salmon. Read more
- Salmon News - News reports and other updates in the world of wild Atlantic salmon. Read more
- Reports - While most reports can be found associated with the Issues, for convenience some are available also on our Reports page. Read more
- Images - ASF offers on the site a small selection of images that may be used as long as credit is given to the Atlantic Salmon Federation and the photographer, if listed. Read more
- Issues - ASF is actively working on an array of priority issues. This is a central page for these. Read more
- Contacts - ASF's contacts for Communications. Read more